2060 Pollokshaws Road
Glasgow, G43 1AT
Telephone: 0141 4407904
Contact: Lynne Wiseman & Louise Maughan
Dating back to the thirteenth century, Pollok House is famous for its striking architecture, luxurious furnishings and world-famous art collection, including masterpieces by El Greco, Blake and Murillo.
With beautifully manicured gardens and sweeping staircases, Pollok House offers the perfect setting for intimate weddings, just 3 miles from the city centre. Within the house, civil, religious and humanist ceremonies are held in the Pavilion Library, perhaps the finest twentieth-century library in Scotland. Framed by Ionic columns and adorned by some of Pollok's most treasured paintings, the Library also houses a Steinway concert grand piano, which can be played to entertain guests and welcome the bride down the aisle.
From the Library, French doors open on to the elaborately designed Parterre Garden, ideal for photographs, celebratory drinks or simply a relaxing stroll before dinner. For larger wedding receptions, marquees can be erected on the south lawn, with Pollok House as a spectacular backdrop.
***Exclusive use may be available on request – please enquire***
Photography by 1500 Photography
House: 60 guests for dinner | 120 guests for evening receptions
Grounds: Up to 400 guests for a marquee wedding